MOLE VANVITELLIANA (ANCONA- ITALY)
The “Lazaretto of the City”, also known as the Mole Vanvitelliana, is a pentagonal-shaped building constructed in 1733 by the Architect Luigi Vanvitelli and acted as a quarantine station for the port of Ancona. Today it is considered one of the most important historical monuments in the city of Ancona and has become an important reference point for the cultural life of the city.
It is strategically positioned between the City Centre, the port, the train station and one of the main roads connecting it to the motorway.
Today, the Mole Vanvitelliana holds the Omero Tactile Museum, which hosts major cultural exhibitions, numerous touristic & promotional events, festivals and historical events.
The structure also offers large spaces and halls and services for conferences (Auditorium Hall), meetings and training courses.